Australia has always wanted to reduce the immigration burden on its cities. Therefore, it’s in talks to start a new visa to get the PR holders to rural Australia. The new visa, called the 191 Visa, will come into effect on 16 November 2022. This visa will be applicable for those who have the 491 and the 494 visas. These visas will come into existence from November this year. The government has already stopped giving out the 187 Visa which allowed PR to those who had worked for an employer in rural Australia for 3 years. There was also a Direct Entry stream of this visa under which an employer from rural Australia could nominate someone to live and work there permanently. The 187 Visa has been substituted by the 494 Visa. As per the new 494 Visa, the employers in regional areas would be able to get someone into the country provided they are ready to offer them a job(employer-sponsored stream) or once they have a labor agreement with the government(labor agreement stream).
Similarly, the new 491 Visa will replace the 489 temporary Visa. The 489 Visa allowed someone to live in regional Australia once they have already lived and worked there, or have a relative living there or having the state nomination. As per this visa, the candidate can hence live there in regional Australia for 4 years. However, the new 491 Visa will allow a candidate to live for 5 years in regional Australia when they have specified points as per the nomination of the state government or the relative who is living in a rural area.
The 191 PR visa which will come into existence in November 2022, will actually be given to someone who already had the subclass 494 or the subclass visa 491 Visa for 3 years. And apart from working on this visa, they earned a minimum threshold of income for 3 years. They will have to prove this income requirement by showing their notice of tax assessment. This requirement of someone having lived for 3 years in rural Australia to get a 191 visa will have to be met on 16th November 2022.
Both the visas, 491 and the 494 visas will come into existence on 16th November 2019.
The conditions for the 494 visa for employer sponsorship are as follows:
- The business can only sponsor an applicant once the job requirement is of 5 years or more.
- The nominations will be approved by a Regional Certifying Body.
The visa applicant needs to fulfill these conditions:
- He should not be 45 years old at the time of applying for the visa.
- He should have work experience of at least 3 years
- He must get skills assessment ‘
- He should also have English levels to be competent.
The 494 visa is a temporary visa and will be granted for 5 years.
The conditions for the 491 visa are as follows:
- The candidate who is nominated by a relative who is living in an area of regional Australia or state government must have 65 points.
- The sponsor must be an Australian PR holder.
- Getting the sponsorship for the 491 Visa will make you eligible to obtain 15 points instead of 10.
- 10 points to be given to someone who has a partner who is an Australian PR holder or a citizen of this country.
- There are also 10 points for someone who is without a partner.
- Studying in a particularly rural area will get you 5 points provided the campus of the educational facility was located in the rural area.
- The 491 is also a 5-year visa.
So, get all the information about the 191 Visa through Nile Migration.